The eye skin, as it is so thin, suffers from the effects produced by the pass of time, providing a tired and sad look.
Tomás Darío Zapata
The result of this intervention is very favorable and long-lasting because the eyelid bags do not usually reappear. This surgery does not stop the aging process, but decreases the saggy skin and refreshes the eye zone, making it lighter and natural.
WHAT IS THIS?
Blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure with the aim of removing excess of skin on the eyelids, both above and below, as well as the underlying fatty tissue. Blepharoplasty ends with sagging skin and bags and can help improving the vision in older people who have a significant excess of upper eyelid that falls on the pupil.
It is designed individually for each patient, depending on their particular needs. It can be done in isolation for upper, lower or both eyelids, or in combination with other surgical procedures on eyes, face, eyebrows or nose.
It is done with local anesthesia and sedation.
Blepharoplasty: all about the eyelid operation
What is the technique?
How long does the intervention takes?
The lenght of the surgery depends on the pathology and the patient profile, but it usually does not exceed two hours of surgery.
Is it necessary to get hospitalized in the clinic? What type of anesthesia is used?
Blepharoplasty is usually an outpatient surgery.
- Rest and cold application in the early hours.
- Follow the instructions of your surgeon for the movements of the earlier days.
- Check with the surgeon the type and frequency of analgesics that you can take.
- Cures and stitches withdrawal will be made in the doctor office with the surgeon.
- Healthy eating. Avoid tobacco and alcohol.
- Check personal hygiene times and special considerations with the surgeon.
- Check if you can make a treatment of lymphatic drainage of the area to avoid haematoma. They are not always positive, depending on the patient and the evolution of surgery.
- Do not worry about immediate results. We must bear in mind the different stages of post-operative time.